TilemapKit v0.94.1 Reference
Welcome to the TilemapKit Documentation
TilemapKit is compatible with SpriteKit and Cocos2D v3. It can also be used with custom engines (eg OpenGL, Quartz).
TilemapKit apps can be written in Swift 1.2, Swift 2.0, Objective-C and with the usual “interfacing Objective-C classes” caveats: C and C++. You can target iOS 8 / OS X 10.9 and later. GameplayKit functionality is available if Minimum Deployment Target is iOS 9 / OS X 10.11.
Note: The reference currently excludes Swift code examples. If you need assistance with Swift code, please leave a message on the forum.
Several source files are included in their entirety for reference:
- 1. Installation Guide
- 2. Getting Started - Overview
- 2.1. Quickstart Guide
- 2.2. Working with Maps
- 2.3. Working with Layers
- 2.4. Working with Objects
- 2.5. Working with Tile Animations
- 2.6. Working with Tilesets
- 2.7. Working with Properties
- 3. How To ...
- 3.1. Add nodes to the map
- 3.2. Scroll Layers
- 3.3. Create GameplayKit Graphs
- 3.4. Create Physics and other Shapes
- Appendix A: Types & Functions
- Appendix B: About Tile GIDs