TilemapKit++ (C++) version of TilemapKit for Cocos2d-x
This is an early access release to gather feedback from early adopters. During early access TilemapKit++ is 33% off down to $50. Early access was extended for another month – until November 30th.
TilemapKit++ so far has been tested with Cocos2d-x v3.7 and v3.8 on Mac OS X, iOS, Android, and Windows 7, 8, and 10 with Xcode 7, Android Studio and Visual Studio 2013 & 2015. TilemapKit should work with earlier and newer v3.x versions. Cocos2d-x v2.x is not supported.
What can you do with TilemapKit?
Strike-through features are not yet available in the early access version. Review this document to learn the current status of TilemapKit++ in detail and see (at a lower level) what’s already working and what still needs to be implemented.
- Render Ortho, Iso and Hex maps, including all their variations.
Create pathfinding graphs. (not yet implemented, will use the recast & detour library) Use normal-mapped tileset texturesfor realistic lighting.
- Play tile animations, synchronised or asynchronous (per coordinate).
- Use “Collection of Images” tilesets, and optionally pack images into a texture atlas.
- Perform any coordinate conversion you’ll ever need.
Easily create Physics Collision Shapes.
- Easily create Nodes from Objects and Tiles.
Assign Tiled properties directlyto class instances.
- Read and
writeTMX files, and access/modify all TMX data at runtime.
- Avoid rendering artifacts, use tile stretching and position clamping to get rid of nasty lines.
- Render even complex, multi-layered maps with excellent performance (multi-threaded, optimised renderer).
- Use high resolution tileset images. No need to make copies of the TMX file.
- Ready to use for Cocos2d-x v3.x
- Outstanding support and frequent updates. TilemapKit quickly adds support for the latest Tiled features.
- … and a lot more is already taken care of by TilemapKit. Should there still be something missing, let us know. We provide support and updates swiftly.
To learn TilemapKit in greater detail, please look over the TilemapKit documentation and class reference.
The “Pro” version is required if your annual revenue (or investment capital) exceeds $100,000 or if you furnish apps for others (contract work).
Installation: follow the instructions in the download’s Readme.txt file. Basically it’s just adding the source files into the project and updating the header search path build setting.
PS: Please report any issues on the forum or simply reply to the receipt email. Please also report any non-ported features you need the most, especially if you need it right now. Such requests will be prioritized!